Is fed usually morning and evening, each very little food. Once a week (usually on Mondays) I put a fast one.
There are mostly dry food, occasionally there are live or frozen food. When live feeds I breed now Daphnia even in a approximately 12-liter aquarium.
On dry food I offer alternately (never all at the same time):
- Söll Organix Super Kelp tablets for the Garra flavatra and Puntius semifasciolatus (the Mollys the tablet also after swimming)
- Söll Organix Super Kelp Pellets (actually for Molly, but the scalar and the brass Barben take also)
- Söll Organix Super Kelp Flakes (actually for Molly, but the scalar is really into flake feed, also one of the Garra flavatra has figured out how to receive flake food from the water surface: he shoots out of the water and lets herself fall to a flake plan )
- Elos SV.2 (mainly for the scalar, but is also adopted by all other)
- Tetra FreshDelica (bloodworms or krill, is accepted by all)
- JBL plankton Pure S (is accepted by all)
At live food I offer uncommon:
- Black and red mosquito larvae (eaten especially by the scalar and Molly, but also of the other two species)
- Daphnia (like all but the Garra flavatra)
- Artemia grown, (like all)
- Cyclops (like all but the scalar)
- (Like especially the Garra flavatra) Tubifex
At frozen food there is usually a mix of daphnia, brine shrimp, white and red bloodworms.