I would like from my experience, about the maturing of tanks, report.
In some years of experience I can draw as aquarists, however, I had been a community aquarium with a certain amount of plants. Thus, ammonium, nitrite and nitrate could form after some time to retract the pelvis.
Of course I was questioned a lot of well-read and much in my new Malawi Project. Therefore, my procedure was as follows:
- Set up
Pour water -
- Daily some flake food (finely crumbled)
- Check every 2 days water values
- And wait ... :-)
Until the 22nd day the water was still "sterile", or were the values with the JBL Water Test unmeasurable.
Without further ado, I decided to bring in a higher dosage of ammonium to speed up the process.
I took Hirschhornsalz (raising agents), gave the corresponding ratio converted and dissolved in water and then the desired concentration in the basin. Here is the link for my calculation - PDF file
Unbelievable what happened (!). All values were in a very short time in the air and within 16 days, the running-in phase of the nitrite peak was over, survived and the basin was thus retracted. Here again is the link for development - JPG File