To meet the Dimidochromis compressices justice, dimpled Cryptocorynne were used. Possibly I will still increase with Valisneria gigantea, in which the fish like to make to lie in wait for prey
Special features of the facility:
The main hardscape was realized with large GRP modules, which are converted hinterschwimmbar or einschwimmbar by concealed openings.
Decorative Part assume about 180kg basalt quarry, which was placed between the modules and thus additional caves and shelters were created, are very happy to take advantage of what for example Stigmatochromis Modestus Eastern.
To still get a natural aspect of the basin is still real wood (in the form of a beech-tree) in preparation.
Headquarters of the illumination unit is a control over a GHL Profilux 3.1N with Remote accessibility and usability via smartphone.
This is used to complete daily schedule simulation (Dawn - daylight - Afterglow - moonlight and darkness) and moon phases, thunderstorms / rain days and cloud flying simulated.
As lighting sources 3 GHL Mitras Simu sticks come each 95cm used which have RGB + white channels and individually via a GHL Mitras Simudriver are individually controllable.
2. individually controllable group of Mitras SimuSticks 2x55cm
The aim should be to create different lighting areas in the basin, so that eg a locally dominant evening or dawn in a surrounding dusk light or at night just a focal point under the moonlight simulation
The filtering is the alpha and omega in a functioning micro-ecosystem as an aquarium!
To be prepared to all eventualities, I decided to 300 liters with the following breakdown for a homemade filter basins the size 120x50x50cm =:
1. chamber: Entwirbelungs- and Sedimentierungszone
2. irrigation channel
3. chamber: coarse filtration by rough 3 layers and 2 layers of fine filter mat
4. irrigation channel
5. Chamber: Auswirbelung of suspended particles by filter Igel
6. irrigation channel
7. Chamber: Biochemical Prefiltration via porous ceramic tubes
8. irrigation channel
9. Chamber: Biochemical main filtration on Bio Crystal (foamed glass)
Since no glass boreholes were provided at the pool, the outflow of water was realized by a self-built overflow from 32mm PVC pipe.
The return of the water into the basin assumes a Eheim Compact + 3000, which is throttled to approximately 2500l / h.
As a backup this feed pump via a float switch (level sensor) is too low water level in the last filter chamber via the GHL Profilux is switched off.
Also, the pool includes an integrated heater through 2x300 Watt Jäger heating elements and sensors for pH and Tempearatur of GHL.
In order to meet the sometimes extreme currents of Lake Malawi justice, 2 powerheads were used. The choice here fell on each one
- Eheim StreamOn + 5000
- Eheim StreamOn +3000
Due to the size of the pool when facing the choice fell on a hunter-pool, which also had the surname "Predator's World" inspired.
In order to promote the hunting instinct something remained the existing Aulonocara Baenshi Benga in stocking, which provide strength in the group for live food plentiful and the hunting instinct of the other roommates maintains.
The stocking is made up as follows:
- 1/2 Champsochromis spilorhynchus
- 1/1 Mylochromis gracillis
- 1/1 Aristochromis christyi
- 1/1 Exochromos anagenys
- 1/1 Dimidochromis compressiceps
- 1/2 Sciaenochromis fryeri
- 1/2 Nimbochromis venustus
- 1/2 Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus
- 1/1 Stigmatochromis modestus eastern
- 1/3 Fossorochromis rostratus
- 1/3 Fossorochromis rostratus
- 1/1 Copadichromis borleyi
- 1/1 Chilotilapia rhoadesi
- 3/6 Placidochromis phenochilus Tanzania
- 3/6 Aulonocara baenshi benga
- 4 Synodontis lucipinnis
- 3 Synodontis multipunctatus
Due to the location on the edge of the Swabian Alb, the output water is relatively hard. By means of flow pumps can be achieved an increase in pH by stripping the dissolved CO2.
This results in the following water values:
Temperature 25.5 ° C
In principle, the stocking is aligned carnivor, why is aimed at a high-protein diet.
To this end, various frozen and live foods are offered:
- Live food Bachflohkrebse
- Frozen Food Artemia
- Frozen Food bloodworms
- Frozen Food Krill
- Frozen food glass shrimp
and what is still to be found in "pools" in your garden pond in the net.
Furthermore served following varieties than standard dry food:
- Söll Organix Super Colour Flakes
- Söll Organix Super Kelp Flakes
- Söll Organix Super Colour pellets
- Söll Organix Super Kelp Pellets
- Söll Organix Chichlid pellets Medium
The aquarium is located on a self-made substructure from Bosch-Rexroth / Item aluminum profiles, 45x45mm heavy heavy duty, which are bolted through T-connector plates.
A 16mm plywood panel under construction, a 12mm in the construction footprint as the filter tank and 45mm worktop for the main basin form the basis.
The support of the corners is made by stainless steel legs, adjustable in height for fine adjustment.
The cladding was realized with PVC foam board with hooking mechanism and stainless steel furniture handles.